This sweet frosting is quick to mix up, enjoyed by kids and adults of all ages. If you prefer a sweeter frosting, add 1 more pound of confectioner's sugar and 1/4 cup more milk.
Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/content/12/7154612/html/emoticakes/recipe.php on line 252
- 2 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 8 cup sifted Powdered Sugar (2 pounds)
- 1 cup Shortening (Spectrum Organic, Crisco or High Ratio)
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Meringue Powder
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and shortening together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, meringue powder and milk and beat for 3-5 minutes. Start on low speed. Once powdered sugar is incorporated, increase speed to medium. Frosting should be very light and fluffy. Store room temperature for 3 days, the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to 6 months.