This vegan cream cheese frosting pairs well with any vegan baked good. Use it as a filling or frosting for carrot cake or pumpkin cupcakes or enjoy it on top of chocolate or vanilla cupcakes.
I like how this cream cheese has the texture of actual cream cheese frosting. It isn't a healthier frosting, but it doesn't contain dairy.
- 8 ounces Tofutti Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Bring all ingredients to a cool room temperature before you begin.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, beat the Tofutti cream cheese and the Earth Balance vegan buttery stick together until smooth. This will take 3-5 minutes. [BEAT]
- Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat for 5-8 more minutes until fluffy. [BEAT]
- Frost using a pastry bag.
There are so many occasions that call for vegan baking. The great thing about these cupcakes is that they are not hard to make, they are deliciously spiced and very moist. You can top them with your favorite vegan frosting and enjoy! Continue reading
I was on my way out of town for a ski weekend when I received this text from a friend:
Hey amy looking to place a cake order. Wondering if you can make a cake like this.
Then she sent this picture. It was a sleeping unicorn. The picture clearly had you using a horn mold, as well as realistic gold – presumably edible – paint. The ears were glittery AND white so I wasn’t so sure if the ears were even edible? Not like anyone is going to actually eat the gumpaste adornments, but it is nice if they could be eaten.
I spent some time searching for horn molds only to discover they ran from $8-15 plus shipping. Did I really need a mold to make a unicorn horn? I thought not. I asked my friend if it was okay if I free-formed the horn and took some liberties and she agreed. It was a plan! I’d be making a unicorn cake for her friend’s baby shower. Continue reading